Cotswold Guardians acts as the legally appointed guardian for all of our students. We require host families to provide a caring and welcoming home to international students at Exeats and Half Terms. Any time spent with the host family should be happy and provide a stable, cultural and learning environment, both linguistically and socially.
How are Host Families Selected?
All families and homes are personally inspected and must comply with current legislation covered under the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Clear and appropriate guidelines are given to the host families to ensure the safety, welfare and happiness of the student. The home must be warm and welcoming and provide an environment where the individual can relax, study, and have the opportunity to pursue hobbies or interests.
Responsibilities of the Host Family
- Provide a warm and welcoming home for the student and treat the student as part of the family.
- Ensure a high level of living and studying accommodation.
- Liaise with Cotswold Guardians to ensure the student is happy and content.
- Wherever possible, be contactable at all times to deal with emergencies.
- Liaise with Cotswold Guardians for travel arrangements.
- If requested, attend relevant school functions such as Parents' Evening, wherever possible.
- Hold current DBS certificate for all members of the family over the age of 16 years.
- Agree to respect the students privacy, cultural and religious background, beliefs and dietary needs.